Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, June 20, 2010

na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

remember that song? i remember it was played at my grade six graduation. the teachers sang it to the kids. that was the first moment i remember getting really choked up regarding good byes. my throat immediately tightened and the tears started welling...ugh. my next memory was when i moved to jasper for the summer. my parents drove me down, helped me move into my place, took me out for dinner, then we said our good byes...i got choked up. throughout that summer it continued whenever my parents came down to visit and said good bye. when i surprised my grandma on her 80th birthday everything was absolutely fabulous. THEN she dropped me and my mom off at the airport and her lip started to quiver. guess what?? i choked up. cut to the month of june, year 2010. a farewell bbq to my parents...people saying goodbye to them...choking. this week, a tuesday to be specific, it hit me that i would have to say good bye. the mere thought of it, tightened my throat spontaneously that by the time i made it home that night i was in hysterics in my lovely boyfriend's arms. today aka dooms day, i said good bye. needless to say, i choked up and teared. and maybe (wink wink) had loads more tears when i got home and read a very special card. i hate goodbyes, farewells, see you laters (believe me it is all the same). i know, i get all choked up.

however, good luck my lovely parents! i love you so very much and i will miss you tons!! i am happy for the incredible journey you are about to take (although selfishly unhappy for myself)...i would love to say more....but guess what...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too and guess what.... choked up reading your blog. Guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.
mama

 
Powered by Blogger