Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, October 10, 2010

special day for thanks

so today is 10/10/10. apparently a very lucky day (according the edmonton journal) so i knew i had to post...with no other reason but to acknowledge this day and to give thanks. with celebrations today and tomorrow i thought i would say what i am thankful for:

- wonderful family. yes i am one of those people. i call my parents as much as i can. they are always there in laughter and sadness, in anger or frustration and continually support and love me. you guys are awesome! included in this wonderful family is my brother. even mark can attest how awesome and special my brother truly is. he shows lots of love, is always there to listen and give his words of wisdom in a jimi kind of fashion how can i not heart this guy??

- mark. he truly is the bestest guy to have around! always up for anything or nothing at all. it sure is nice to have a partner that wants the same adventures in life as you do. no other can i joke with, have thoughtful discussions, passionate debates and bug as much as him! he has been exceedingly great this past month and a bit with the changes in my life (leaving my job and doing something very new for school). i am truly grateful and lucky to have a person that listens and helps me when i am stresssed. i  am definitely thankful for him!

- mark's family. with my parents so far it really is nice to have some parents close by, quite literally. i can vent small frustrations, talk about things that make me smile, share food, and joke around about mark. ooo and i enjoy the saucy jokes...the ones that get mark all abashed shouting, "mother"...yes that is you wendy. one really cannot have too much laughter in their life!

- my beloved friends. people i really don't see truly enough AND so lucky to see them when i do! i heart all of them! i have friends from different bits in life (high school, university, nursing, work, etc.). each one of them are truly special and help, love, support, listen, laugh, and just be plain goofy with me! happy thanksgiving to all of you! :)

there really are so many things to be thankful for but before i get too sappy i will stop.
have a most wonderful thanksgiving!!
love

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

I love your blog Tracey.. Its what The edmonton Journal should be like!

Hope you had a good thanksgiving!

I had turkey it was slow roasted , i wish they gave me more yams I only got a serving full

OH I downloaded get em to the greek so GOOD!

Be blessed thanks for the shout out

Your an awesome sister that will rock nursings socks off! and then put them back on because your a nurse and nurses like sanitation.
Love you !!

The Hope Lady said...

I do believe i said this weekend, Tracey, though probably not in your hearing, that you are truly an asset to our family and to the world. Today I am reading a 10-year-old essay by Martin Seligman that says the psychology literature contained 46,000 articles on depression and only 400 articles on joy. Jimi is right. The Edmonton Journal ought to be like your blog. If it were, people would soon expect this kind of thing to be the news. When they had a little extra space, they would fill it with something we care about, instead of filling it with a report about a car accident in quebec, or a robbery in Pennsylvania.

Tracey Robertson said...

thanks guys! you totally made my day, especially since i am feeling a little rough this week starting something new again.

i was actually telling mark the other day that i really like writing on my blog because it helps me gain a better appreciation on my life, putting things in a positive light and focusing on all the great things i have. so i am glad you both feel the same way! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey I loved reading that. You are so positive and truly I am so thankful to have you in my life. I am so very lucky in the children department.!!!!
love ya lots and lots
Mama

 
Powered by Blogger