Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Thursday, October 07, 2010

craft night revisited

in one more sleep a day has come that i have been looking forward to in weeks....guesses????

no it has nothing to do with my clinical rotation (although i happen to be 1/3 complete...as long as i pass).

anymore guesses???  

CRAFT NIGHT!!!

this is something i hold very near and dear to my heart but subtly and tragically it drifted away from me. it started off with my mama b (this gals mom). my friend, christine and i wanted to do a most fantastic christmas present for our moms. so mama b offered her services as a quilter and set us to work making our mom's a quilt. we started in july working every month...then once november hit working every two weeks....then once december hit working every week (and maybe days near the end) but we did complete it. to my dismay my mom did not cry (something i had been trying to do for ages at christmas) but she loved it and it got her thinking about her crafty skills. so she, recruited mama b as her tutor in the making of quilts. i, having finished my quilt wanted to get back to my first love scrapbooking. i had endless pictures of my trips to australia, and new zealand that needed an album, not to mention my pictures of friends and family. mama b's other daughter looked on at my scrapbook and her interest became piqued. she had just finished a vegas trip and felt the need to put them in an album of artistic nature. just as mama b did for me, i offered my services (or shopping skills) to advise her with all she needed to scrapbook. in the meantime, casey came over to her mom's house to quilt (and believe me, she is magnificent at it), christine continued to make quiliting crafts and jeaninne joined in with her embroidery. thus our traditional wednesday night craft gig started!

i don't know how it officially stopped. i finished my travel albums and one wedding album (seriously casey i will finish the other one, one day!!! i love you!!!) i know that i began to get slightly bored with scrapbooking every week (and everyone laughs) but i was having trouble finding inspiration. i tried a bit of embroidery, but as everything that involves a thread and needle, i would get mad, frustrated, finish the project and swear it off. i began having excuses not to go and eventually i stopped. like i said, it was tragic...BUT

i just recently visited my beloved mama b. casey was there and we all talked about it. mama b said that it was sad that all of us girls stopped doing it....both me and casey looked at each other and knew that it needed to happen again. its funny how i would think i am currently busier than ever and attempting to do this but nah....i love my friends. i need my friends. and i can't think of a better thing to do with my friends! :)

so tomorrow (basically i am going to case's when i am done my evalutaion) i am crafting....how exciting is that??

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger