Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, October 24, 2010

its a wrap...a weekend wrap, with chocolate

hello. let's talk about chocolate. chocolate doughnuts. AND to be more specific italian bakery chocolate doughnuts. it all started on friday night. mark and i had planned a date night. big plans of staying out late with dinner and a movie. well we made it through the dinner part (which was delicious by the way) at indian village. after dinner we drove to west ed to go see the town. with an hour wait we dropped by chapters to look at books (and maybe get some christmas cards, wink wink). that was when mark announced his exhaustion. i, feeling quite peppy, agreed to watch a rental at home. half an hour into...i was sleeping like a baby....so now you may ask what is up with the chocolate doughnuts??? well i went to bed at 11, AND got up early enough to make it to the bakery and buy doughnuts (they are usually sold out by 1030). wonderful surprise for mark...and wonderful eating by me...i will not tell you how many we ate yesterday! ;)

it has been a very emotionally charged week for myself. i have called it the longest shortest week of my life. the days pass by quick with tons to do, while the nights are filled with research. i have done some new skills and managed to do them okay! :) BUT I MUST REMEMBER as i have been told by several people that i HAVE to stop being so hard on myself. i am a student, learning, and i really can't expect myself to be perfect at everything, even if i try my hardest! he he...its a hard concept to accept for myself, but i am trying! :)

jimi is home again in our life. it will be good to see him again. our sunday night dinner tradition shall continue as of tonight. AND speaking of family, i was able to catch up with my parents on friday night...p.s. to the parents: do you know i was on the phone with you guys for an hour and half???? crazy....i am sure i talked your ear off! :) i was laughing after getting off the phone with my dad as i was telling mark/jimi. my dad's questions: how are you? how is mark? how is jimi? how is the car? i don't know why it makes me smile but it seems that the car is a priority question for my dad....love it! :)

that's it from me!
love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger