Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, October 02, 2010

SURPRISE!!

i just came back from a fabulous day/night of birthday festivities. my lovely friend had a surprise 29 year/11month old birthday today. there was a blow up castle, boxing gloves (and yes mark totally took me down), a movie, and tons of food. she was definitely surprised and had a great time.

now i am sitting here thinking about the surprise parties in my life...wow. i am definitely so different! lol

1. i don't know how old i was for my first surprise but i do remember not handling it well. i was at a restaurant with my mom and her friend. her friend told the waiter it was my birthday. i seem to recall they came out singing happy birthday which freaked me out a little (okay i think i cried)...more freakish was i think there was some weird hat i had to wear...mom knows more but i remember not being pleased.

2. now i am 14. sleeping soundly in my bed on a sunday morning. suddenly 5 girls bound in wearing their pajamas. who were they? the girls from my CGIT group shouting, "We are going to Wendy's and you cannot change!" mortified, near tears, i left my house in my pajamas. the last look i had was for my mom and it was not just a look...it was a glare. cut to finding out Wendy's was actually my CGIT leader's house as she was a wendy....relieved yet still horrified i think i didn't talk to my mom for a week. after all she knew about the surprise the whole time...

3. (yes there is a number 3) my friends attempted to throw me a surprise party when i was 15 years old. one girl (isn't there always one) spilled the beans prior and got me in a huge frenzy. let's face it...as you can tell by now i hate surprises. i don't know why...but they freak me out and i hate being the center of attention...especially that much focus. worse at 15 when you are in the stage of teenage life and all your friends are whispering behind your back you feel a little worse for wear. EVEN when they are doing something super nice and all talking behind your back for such a special reason! in the end, i still ended up being mad at my mom...because again she knew about it....poor mom.

4. i know i can't believe people haven't learned. but this one is kind of a joke. 16 years old and at the keg. basically, you can't go to a restaurant on your birthday and expect them NOT to sing to you. well that was my dad's analogy as he told the waiter and out came the cake and the tinfoil hat. funnily i didn't get mad this time...and don't think mom let it go unnoticed that my father did not get any blame while she had to put up with so much the years prior...again poor mom.

needless to say my mom stopped getting involved in all surprises. and anyone that approached her regarding them for her daughter she set them straight...TRACEY DOES NOT LIKE THEM.

that is what i thought about tonight and tonight i saw a lady thouroghly enjoy hers...i guess that is what the other side looks like....;)

so i must say thanks to my mom who i love so much and so glad she put with so much!!! loved talking to you tonight....i needed my mom today and got her! lots of love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiss kiss and more hugs
Mama

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I shouldn't have planned our whole wedding with the intention of asking you to marry me on the morning of?
Mark ;)

Tracey Robertson said...

lol...i would hate to imagine what you exactly planned...and p.s. surprises incl. asking my parents for permission...

Anonymous said...

but if I asked their permission to have the suprise wedding at a time when they could come I wouldn't technically be asking their permission would I be? yes.... looophole!

Tracey Robertson said...

yes but then you are risking a rejection surprise of your own...

Mark Edey said...

Tracey! why are you talking to this Imposter! Surely you know me better then to believe that I read your blog regularly without prompting. hehe.

Tracey Robertson said...

oh dear mark...i would believe you more if you weren't cackling from your computer every time you wrote something clever...

 
Powered by Blogger