Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, September 28, 2012

a lot of thoughts

this last clinical (although not over) has been truly a fascinating one for me. my biggest complaint i have with my clinicals is life moves fast and hard. i am constantly learning and relearning and then learning again, that my mind feels spinny. i never truly get to wrap my thoughts and think and reflect about anything. then i start theory and i become wrapped up in learning more things.

this time around has been nice. first i get to see some extraordinary leaders at work. i get to see what it means to be a leader, live a leadership role, and try it out (it's hard). it has given me a chance to strive for more in my professional development (although i seriously am in need of a break from school, so not for awhile).

i have also experienced simulation labs. now i am not going to get into specifics (breaks confidentiality and all) but i will say that they have been the best part i have ever experienced (to date) in the theory part. and believe me when i say this, i hate sim. in the past i have felt self-conscience, not knowing what to do, and made me feel a little stupider as i left the room.

this time i have left knowing more about myself. for instance how i communicate in certain situations. exploring topics that i am uncomfortable talking about and things that i thought i knew tons about but when talking realizing i do not, nor do i have the words to find. it has been a month full of self-realization and growth.

i really can't ask for more from school or myself.

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger