Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Moments that make me smile

I am watching Jurassic Park right now. You know that scene in that movie. The pivotal scary moment where you just hear the foot on the ground. 'Thump, thump, thump'. You get chills up your spine. The danger is coming. The water in the puddle is vibrating rhythmically to the sound of the 'thump, thump thump.'

That moment always makes me laugh. Always. I think of Jeaninne. We were on a plane boarded to Italy for a school trip. We were overtired and hysterical. Committed to not sleeping. Joking around. Playing games and talking. The flight attendant came around and brought us water. Setting it down on our trays, it rippled in accordance to the plane's engine. Jeaninne quickly quipped, 'It's coming!'  Mimicking the movie, Jurassic Park. 

Still to this day when I see the water vibrate in the puddle and hear the 'thump thump thump,' I am brought back to that plane ride. Our seventeen year old selves laughing and giggling in that moment. 

I love that moment. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger