Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, February 24, 2014

Corn starch

I was cooking today and I grabbed the corn starch from the top shelf of the cupboard. And then I smiled. I thought of a moment not so long ago. With my parents.  At the end of December. 

Dad was making fun of my paper towel holder and how it takes so much space in the cupboard (it's one of the ones that hooks on top of the cupboard and hides your paper towels inside the cupboard). I told him he was wrong. He proceeded to tell me he could keep 2lbs of chocolate chips in his cupboard. Not to be outdone, I pulled open mine to show him my big bag of chocolate chips when....

Poof. Corn starch comes tumbling down. Poof again! It powders me, the counter, the cupboards, the floor, the sink....everywhere!

Dad took one look and was hysterical. Zingers coming out as I proclaimed, "mom placed the corn starch there." "It's a little persons trap," he replied. As I moved from my spot, he laughed harder noting the corn starch markings on the floor, outlining a person, just like police tape. Between fits of laughter he called my mother who came in denying my accusations (she is probably right) and at the same time grabbing her camera to take pictures like I am a celebrity and she is the paparazzi. 

I gasped, "I am going to go have a shower". Dad quipped, "Be careful. You may not be able to move after." 

That is what I am reminded of today with that box of corn starch, right by my paper towels.  Dad still stands by his opinion of my paper towel holder. And I still stand by mine. But I could be wrong on that too. At least a funny story came from it. And I will forever be reminded. 

Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HhhhhhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaalollollollollollollol

Unknown said...

Yes, and we had to scrape you off to make Christmas gravy...hee, hee

 
Powered by Blogger