Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Olympics....I won't be seeing you anytime soon

So it turns out I am not an olympic skier. Shocking I know. 

I think the first clue would have been when I took a look at my ski jacket. The last ski pass on there was Fernie 2010. Whatever. I am a champ. I can conquer any mountain. I am a pretty good skier. I mean I have been doing it since I was 8. 

The next clue may have been that I thought about the last time I sharpened my skis. It probably wasn't good that I don't remember. But whatever. Sharpened skis don't mean anything.

Then it was overcast. And I couldn't really see in front of me. And my googles started to fog. Then ice. But who needs googles anyway? And my legs know skis. It's in my blood. He he. Okay so three things aren't looking good. 

I actually started to feel sick as it felt like a scary ride of bumps that could only be stopped by me. But I couldn't stop as how do you get off the top of the mountain without going down? Solution? Go to the other mountain. 

Eureka! No overcast. Gorgeous conditions. Two runs in. I am feeling great. Sickeness gone. Skiing up a storm. Look over at my partner. Wow. He is a great skier too. We are awesome. Who needs to sit and watch the Olympics, when you can perform like an Olympian in life?

Run three. Go in for the first turn. No edge in the ice. Slip, head first down the hill. Clunk your head. Oww. Skis stay on as you slide head first. You manage to stop. You get up. Shake it off. Your partner comes to your aid. You feel okay and proceed to ski down. Then something doesn't feel right in your one leg. You turn just a little...and ow. 

Okay time for the ski out. No biggie. Will try harder tomorrow. Grumble a little bit (or maybe a lot). Sit down for a lovely dinner. Get up to leave. Ooooooo dear. This leg is really hard to move now. "I think it's best we head home tomorrow, maybe we will go back in a month". 

He he. Now time to ice ice ice. Watching the Olympics isn't that bad. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger