Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy family day.

I love my family. I have said this many times over. And I think I have expressed this on this blog many times over as well. Well let's talk about my small little family as well. That would be my husband. And let's talk about his views.

Family is very important to him. Many think it is me, but I think he plays sometimes a bigger role influencing my view on family, than I on him. Or maybe we just enhance each other's? 

When I talk about visiting my parents he is the first to say do it. No questions asked. He actually will encourage it on times when I don't think to go. It's like he senses I need my mom and dad. He gets along with my brother too. I see so much endless support when it comes to those two. He was extraordinary when my brother broke his leg and has been a good head to lean on with more personal matters this year. 

Of course it's not just my family either. If his parents call for a favor, his usual reply is what time and when, without question. He adores them, a quality that is always nice to see in your partner. He makes himself available at important family events, helps host, asks what needs to be done and is there to do it. Calls his brother to check up on him. When it rained on his sisters wedding he drove the morning of to pick up umbrellas. And loves playing uncle to his little nephew. 

I think as you grow up in your family, you love them but you are always hanging out with the parents who embarass you and the little brother who bugs you all the time. Then you reach a point where that doesn't happen anymore. 

You realize your parents aren't embarrassing they are really interesting. And your siblings are pretty cool in their own right. You gain a greater appreciation of them and cherish the moments you have with them.  Let's face it. You want to spend time with them! Maybe even making memories that are to be treasured more. 

That's what my little family has taught me. It's been a fun journey so far with my little family. And hopefully the memories with our little family continue to grow with laughter and love and experience.  And with our bigger families too!

Happy family day!

Love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So well said Tracey dear. Mom always said friends come and go but families stay forever. We both feel really blessed to have so much happiness in our lives with you guys in it. Mama

 
Powered by Blogger