Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Lucky lady

I was a very lucky this year as I not only got to have my holidays with one side of my family, but both at the same time. And like Mark said it was a marathon, not a sprint, of wonderful holiday goodness that leaves my heart feeling happy. 

My parents came on Christmas Eve (and are still here till the ninth, eek). It was a perfect time as it broke my stretch of six shifts nicely and putting some fun into my days as they become pretty monotonous prior to work. Took a nice tour of Marks school. And the three of them had a Robertson family tradition of a tortiere that evening. I think they were pretty tired as they went to bed early. 

On the day of Christmas, I have already written about. It was wonderful and so much fun. I don't think it could have been any better although having Jimi and his partner would have been an added bonus. Not working too...but that provided me with another kind of joy. 

Mom got to continue on with her traditional Boxing Day trip with her friend. While Mark got to celebrate with all the Edey cousins in Red Deer. I got to sleep. It was appreciated. 

And then we contined celebrating Christmas with Jimi Jam and Cassie on the 27th.  Wendy and David came over and we did our first Christmas ever with excellent family help. Mark cooked the turkey. Amazingly. Dad did he escargots. And my fantastic mother did the rest although she states she really didn't. I was around for clean up and coordination...sure that's it. All in all it went well. Mom was great at it and knew that towels keep everything warm and made sure to get everything ready in the am leaving more time to socialize. Apparently it wasn't her first rodeo (wink, wink). I don't think it could have been done better with my husband and parents by my side. Next time we may try at it with no help....but is that as much fun as family involvement?

Family bonding was after with trips to see the Harry potter exhibit, see the hobbit desolation of smaug. Spillage of corn startch, and leftover turkey sandwhiches, costco runs and gym trips. Movies from the library and fChristmas, goodies galore and dad teachings about home repair, maintenace and electrical work. Laughs and love. 

A birthday celebration for my lovely. A feast of meat with wonderful company of family and friends that expressed numerous times that they wanted to celebrate Marks birthday, even if Mark didn't think it was a big deal. And we were all so glad to have them and our parents and siblings (that were in town). Definitlely beat last years Vegas debacle. 

And then New Years Eve where we visited with two parties so we could hang out with just some of the people we really love and appreciate. Ringing in the new year with laughs, fun and mice!

And you would think that would be it. But as Mark said, it is a marathon not a sprint. So we headed to Marks uncle and aunts for a dinner and one of my fav Edey traditions of Court Whist. So much fun. 

It is is back to work tomorrow but I can honestly say it has been an amazing holiday week this year. So very fortunate to have both families here and to spend time with them. It has been lovely. I am just grateful. 

Happy New Year!
2014 I am excited for the new beginnings and what is in store!
Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a ball! Thank you so much for making another beautiful memorory.. One of yor dads and I best Christmas ever. Thank you my wonderful family! Mama

Anonymous said...

Ok spelling is bad but you see what I mean. I think my glasses would have helped lol

Anonymous said...

We had a ball! Thank you so much for making another beautiful memory .. One of your Dad's and I best Christmas ever. Thank you my wonderful family! Mama

 
Powered by Blogger