Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The parents have gone home

The parents are gone and this house has gotten a little extra lonely for us all. I think even Kitty misses some extra cuddles, 'wink, wink'. It was nice having people around. Especially when I worked evenings as my life gets pretty quiet during those days being as the only people I see are at work. 

But I shall be fine. I have already started a work out routine again to get myself through these winter months. And the scrapbooking has been revved up again. Just finished a New York one. Embarassed to tell you what year. He he. But it's a nice winter activity. 

My dad was incredible with all the things he did around the house. From helping Mark hang up the pot rack which I am in love with, to finding a spice rack drawer at Rona. He was the list king, fixing my desk that broke in the move, hanging up the towel rack in our bedroom bathroom, and doling out tons of knowledge from electrical work, to insulation, to how to clean out out "humidifier tubing". Not to mention getting a layout of the basement for future endeavors. Car batteries installed, broom racks hung, church bench put together, and fine tuning our house by painting our baseboards so that the nails and cracks are covered up and decreasing the length in the blind cords. It was lovely for him to come and see our house for the first time. I had a great time with you Daddio. 

Mom coming the second time around was still just as fun and fantastic.  Shopping for things needed for the house, decorative and functional (love my pillows). And just shopping too (she got an amazing sweater). Pulling out our iron and ironing board for the first time. He he, glad it's served one use so far. Seeing a movie, 'the book thief' and crying like a baby...thanks for that...he he (It was really good). Going to Zumba class and dancing like a fool. A serious fool that the instructor called out to me, 'that's right you are getting it'. And just chilling out watching movies at home. Not to mention all the help she was when it came to helping make big meals from vacuuming the house to helping prep food and after warm the food with towels. Mark and I have learned a few more things when it comes to socializing and having company, so thanks mom!

And the collaborative effort of both of them hanging up the curtains. From mom cutting and ironing on the hem to dad measuring out and hanging the rods and curtains. Really I have amazing parents and I am so grateful to all the help you gave us. The house feels so cozy and warm now. I feel content and that I can finally just live in it as little things are no longer hanging over my head.  Sure I have some ideas. But those are on the back burner for awhile. I just want to enjoy. And I hope that our house shows the personality of us shining through via pics, books, artwork, and furniture. 

I may show the results. But be patient. Need to actually take them. He he. 

Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. Your dad and I had a wonderful time with two excellent hosts. It was great to get the lists done. Your dad is truly amazing as he is so handy. He loved helping you out. That's what dads are for. Thank you again! We two very much enjoyed our visit. Love ya bunches! Mama

Unknown said...

It was a lot of fun Trace. Thanks for the good food, the good times, the good company, and putting up with us 'sods'. Love to do it again sometime.

Take good care

Da'

 
Powered by Blogger