Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, June 05, 2010

training

last year i had a goal to run a 10km race.
i trained diligently and slightly overworked my body.
the result: a torn hamstring, a slightly frustrated gal, and no race.

however, my running buddy, jeff, did magnificently. doing a PB on the big day. so the frustration surpassed to elation for my friend.

this year, i have challenged myself again.
i am healed (or as healed as i am ever going to be).
i have enrolled in yoga: to increase my flexibility and prevent any reoccuring injuries that may occur.
i have been (and continue to) strength training to build up my muscles.
and have been training diligently with less overworking my body

all this for:

1/2 marathon on july 18th.

i am very excited and nervous. i have been running with jeff these past two saturdays and am feeling pretty good. i am just hoping with all hope for no injuries. i feel like i am being exceptionally careful, but the journey will only tell me if i am! :)

wish me luck as the days progress towards my race! :)

love

1 comments:

mama said...

I know I am so lovable!! DITTO

 
Powered by Blogger