Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

a little sentimental about stanley

so the first place i want to write about is stanley. i love new brunswick and one of my favourite places is stanley. its the kind of town where everyone knows everyone else... my grandparents lived there all my life. there is a barn just beside the house that i was always told to avoid as it will fall down any minute (it still stands).


there is also a woodlot that used to be a maple tree/christmas tree farm where before my grampie passed away he would mail us a christmas tree every year from new brunswick to alberta so that we could have a little peice of home with us during the holidays (my grammie still upholds the tradition). mainly i love this place for the memories like:

-down the hill is a high school where, in my recent stay i would wake up to the singing of "o canada"
-walks with my dad through the woods or collecting wild flowers with my cousins and brother.
-sitting on the veranda at night looking at the stars with my grampie listening to his moosecalls and having long talks
-catching fireflies and playing in the park with my cousins
-i even love how the floorboards creaked when my parents and grandparents went to bed
...so many more memories and i love them all! :)

4 comments:

casey said...

trace, your grammie's house is so cute!!

Tracey Robertson said...

thanks hon! i think so too!

Unknown said...

I want to go to Stanley someday! You make is sound so nice!

Tracey Robertson said...

...and freaking fun...where else would you go when you have a neighbour with a police ban?? ahhh, stanley (sigh)

 
Powered by Blogger