Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Picture love in August

Where have I been. Visiting with my lovely mother! It was so fantastic to have her here. But that will be another post in itself. I thought I would at least end this month with the fun I had and pics I took. So here we go!


This was our BBQ in the rain with the hot sun and the sun showers that occurred afterwards just as Mark started the fire. It still makes me smile. 


Mom is in town. Yay! The day after she landed we headed to Calgary to visit my great aunt. Afterwards we made a short stop to the mall as we never realized until after we left that it was rush hour and I didn't want to drive. So we found a hat store and had fun. Doesn't my mom look so cute in fascinators? I definitely couldn't pull them off. Lol. 


I found a hat myself that I kind of fell in love with. Mark says I look like little Bo Peep. So be it. 


Jimi jam and mom looking at ipad jokes pre market time. 


Us at the St. Albert market. Kind of my new favourite market. And we bought quite a bit. However the bags I was carrying were a bit flimsy and I dropped one of the canned goods that was bought. 


However Jimi Jam came to the rescue and went back and bought some more. Sweet heart!


That night mom and Jimi and Cassie went to a movie. Mark and I decided to check out "what the truck" at Louise McKinney park. Talk about amazing food from a truck. We fell in love with Phillysteak sandwich and Mac bites. Yummers. I think it's safe to say that our summer has been all about the food. 


So if you look at previous posts you have seen my attempts at pies. This time I has a mom and she showed me my Grammies secret to making crust that doesn't stick to the counter top. Amazing. More amazing walking to our local market and picking up fresh blueberries for the said pie. And it was good. I had it for breakfast every morning till it was gone. He he. 


Family together. Cassie and Jimi came over for lobster rolls. Had to snag a mother son pic. 


And of course a mother daughter one. 


Carleen came over for supper. Fun times. We were set to make the homemade perogies that we bought at the market (I wasn't lying about the food). But when we took them out of the fridge they stuck together. Ugh. Because Carleen is so lay back and chill frozen perogies it was. Plus dessert. And  giggles and maybe one shot. "Nick nick nick nick". 


Last night. Wendy and David came over for a bit of firepit fun. Mom really wanted to have a firepit. Unfortunately we waited till the last possible day and it was not as enjoyable in the wind. But we had our dogs that Mark and mom cooked. Lol. 

Fun memories. And it is possible to write more as I will later. But enjoy the pics of August!

Love

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the notes, and loved the pics..... Glad you guys had a lot of fun....Da'

 
Powered by Blogger