Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, August 16, 2013

And kitchen complete part two.

My husband is a minimalist. This is in contrast to my business. So I have been trying very hard not to plaster all of our walls with numerous amounts of pictures, just a few here and there. Cut to the dear kitchen that I just completed one of the pieces of furniture. 

Mark insisted that the buffet would look best by the fireplace. I have to agree but the wall then looked off to me as We had one big piece of furniture on one side and a smaller one on the other. I don't know why but it was not balanced and very off putting to me. 

Then I remembered these wooden frames I bought about four or five years ago. I had intentions of using them in our apartment but funnily enough all the walls were covered (so I may have had a problem but I am toning it down). I bought fabric that matched the wall and the painting and stretch it over the frame, nailing it on. Again I see flaws but I did it not buy it a run of the mill store so it has heart. He he. 

Next I got out the trusty level, a tool that I love. And nailed the work onto the wall. And tada! The kitchen is no longer off kilter. Ha ha. 


I also put a friendship quilt that Casey made for me on the other wall. I figured friends and family socialize and have fun in the kitchen so it was meant to be.


Kitchen complete. Now the eating shall commence. 


Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger