Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

So glad I met you

I worked a job and met you.
You seemed quite quiet and shy when I first introduced myself. 
I wasn't sure what to make of you. 
But I was deceived. 

You told me to come closer by the wave of your finger. 
And then gave me a "wet willy" in my ear. 
Then proceeded to laugh hysterically with snorts in between.
That was when I knew you were trouble and 
We were going to get along marvelously. 

I would prank you on occasion. 
Pretend to take your shoes, or your lunch kit. 
But I never would get away with it. 
"Tell Anita" was your response. 
And then giggle in your hands. 

You loved life. You were a doer and up for most anything. 
I remember we both went for a walk to the grocery store. 
We were in fits of giggles trying to maneuver your chair. 
On top of that we were both frazzled in figuring out what to buy. 
"O my gosh!" You would cry. 

You were a wonderful artist. 
Drawing and painting to your content. 
Always there to sing in karaoke. 
Do any scrapbooking or baking. 
And you were an excellent fighter in our water fight wars. 

I feel you are gone too soon. 
You will be sorely missed in many people's hearts. 
In your short life you have achieved so much. 
The most important is what you have taught all of us. 
That anything can be done even when all obstacles are against you. 

I am so glad that we met. 
That we worked together. 
Shared joy. 
And that I can truthfully and honestly call you my friend. 

Love you. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like your Grammies a way with words. Beautifully said.

 
Powered by Blogger