Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just call me a....

Domestic goddess. Some thing quite remarkable happened this week. I didn't go back to school. And all those fall things that I had wanted to do for the past few years...I did. 

You know what I am talking about. You go to the market and you see all the fabulous BC fruit. It's ready for a pie. Or you see those itty bitty cucumbers and you think I really wish I could find the time to pickle. But then you start the semester and the assignments are due in one week and a midterm is doing in three and then all of sudden it's snowing out and you need to buy Christmas gifts. 

But not this year! With mom/Grammies little trick of making pie crust I did a second attempt of a pie, this time peach without mom's presence. And it worked. And it took all my restraint not to eat all the pie in one sitting at that moment, but to freeze it for company at a later day. 


Next attempt was the pickling. I had never done it ever. Sterilizing jars. What's that. Well thank goodness for google and the power of the Internet. And Casey and parents. (And a bit of Martha). Jars canned and popped with market veggies of carrots and cucumbers. Yum. Hope they taste good!


Love

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a country dweller, and I'm in awe! Oh you are the domestic Goddess!

 
Powered by Blogger