Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, July 18, 2010

the half marathon

well it is done. a run i would like to call: hellish. ah. i really wasn't feeling the run like i have on other days BUT guess what!!??? it doesn't matter. i finished it! walked a bit, ran a bit and jeff stayed by my side the entire time...refusing to leave my side (which i know very well he could have!!). my overall average was about 5:59/km and i am taking it with pride! my personal aim was to finish the race under 2 hours but i really needed those extra 16 minutes! :) AND there is always next year! he he he. as i say this my body is slowly rejecting me but i know in my heart it will happen again. it was too much fun training and i really do have a love for running. who knows maybe some day i will get to the infamous 2 hour goal??!!!

love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking group and you don't look the worse for the wear . I am so very proud of you! I could never do that in a million years Love ya sweetie!!! Mama

Tracey Robertson said...

thanks...but as i think about it today i could have totally done better. mark kept giving excuses about the business of the weekend but i am not taking it...i want to do it again for sure! but maybe next year...my body is in recovery! :)

 
Powered by Blogger