Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, July 02, 2010

the start of the blog

i officially started blogging in 2005. casey had started up her blog and we all became addicted to her posts and the continuous comments. casey went on vacation for a couple of weeks and i was distraught at the idea of no blog so she named me an administrator so i could do my own posting. this was my beginning. my mom started reading it AND even more exciting my 80 year old grandmother was reading it (although for the life of her she could not post a comment, "that darn mouse just doesn't stop moving").

BUT when i really started blogging was in 1998. it may have not been the formal blog we all have now but it was a recording of what was going on in our lives. my friend, rebekah, started a hotmail account giving all of us the password. within that account, we would write quick notes or long letters detailing what we found important, funny, or needing to share with our friends. i loved it!

a couple years ago i went back to the account to see if it did in fact still exist. it was there...but unfortunately our posts are gone. i went back today...and our account is gone.

regardless i find it interesting that we are still at it today. i have read, learned, and loved my friends not only in person but in their thoughts written on their blogs. such a great privilege!

i love blogging!

love

1 comments:

Rebekah The Craft Fiend said...

OMG! I was just thinking about our Hotmail and I have an upcomming post about all of my friends that now have blog.
love u!

 
Powered by Blogger