Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Spring has sprung

"Smells so green and skies so blue, Spring has sprung and now, me too!"
K. Guilmartin

We did the unthinkable. Yes, we planted plants prior to the May long weekend. 

It started with Mark really. On a January evening he was surfing the internet. I wandered into his midst in my sleep deprived state. "I think I want a greenhouse, I think I am going to build one." I nodded and didn't really think much of it (Did I mention my sleep deprived state).

On a February evening, in another sleep deprived wander, my husband said to me. "I think I am going to build 4 garden boxes for the backyard." 

Then March came along and he found some bay windows. "They are going to be for my greenhouse." At this point I think I was getting 4 hour intervals so I had a bit more wakefulness. I paused. Thought how do bay windows make a greenhouse?! He posed a few ideas in his pre-existing garden. I couldn't quite visualize but nodded in agreement.


The end of March neared and the garden boxes were completed and placed in the back. 


The first weekend of April came upon us and a greenhouse was built and completed with the assistance of a brother in law, Jimi and neighbours for the heavy lifting. Where? Beside his garden bed. My reaction...impressed very much so. 



Soil came in the middle of April...by the truck full. Shovelled in to the boxes. Placed in the greenhouse.

Then the planting began. As the above song says, "It's time for gardening." And the plants grew and grew and grew. The hardier of the seeds were planted in the back and watered with a hosing system in place. 

Then this last week more was planted in the back as the greenhouse was just getting to big. So I guess you could say that I had a baby and so did Mark. Mark had multiples raised from from seedlings. How does he do it? ;)  

All jesting aside, I then jumped in. I bought some flowers and planted them in the front.

So we wait. We wait for no frost. No snow. Sheets are ready and waiting just in case. So May long weekend surprise us. Be good. Mainly cause I am on my own with seedling babies and our little baby!

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger