Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

My first mother's day. I really had no expectations and all expectations rolled up into one. But really what can a little 7 month old do for you?! Ha Ha.

She didn't have to do anything in all honesty. She was just present. She has put me in a club that I knew existed but didn't realize I would enjoy so much. The mom club. They are all out there. They have to be or you wouldn't exist.

Becoming a mom has made me have a greater understanding, appreciation and love for my mother. Kind of sad that it took me 36 years to realize this! :) But that is a pretty cool gift that my little one gave me.

What did I do? It started in the wee hours chatting about our little one with my partner. All while watching the northern lights. French toast and homemade bread for all. A dog walk. The first trip to the outdoor market for the summer. Cheese empanadas. Chocolate Croissants. And now settling in for a movie. Pretty darn good. Expectations fulfilled.


So happy mother's day to all the marvellous moms out there. You deserve it. And know that you are loved!

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger