Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, July 06, 2013

What I did this week

We went from all this rain to all this hot. And I am loving it (and at times loving the air conditioning).

This week I managed to go for a long run and finally find the river valley. It took me about 6km to get there and I really only wanted to run 12 so I turned around to go back but I found it. One of my longer runs I may take the plunge and go farther. It was pretty nice. But you could feel all the heat off the vegetation. Yikes.

Mark has been busier than ever working on his landscaping and I have to say it is looking pretty fab. Very impressed. So much dirt is on our driveway right now and he mentioned the other day that roofers that are coming may need it.  Sooooo. The race is on. He he. 

We also had a chance to take some cooking lessons tonight. We got it as a Christmas gift from Mark's parents and redeemed it for a Caribbean cook off. Jerk chicken, kale, beef patties, and Johnny cakes. Anything but healthy and all delish. Loads of fun. 

Since we were in the downtown area we paid a visit to our old home and the parents. They weren't around when we got there initially so of course "we" had to say hi to the dog. And by "we" I mean Mark. And then "we" had to walk the dog. I think they were both very happy with the reunion. Had a little chat and some laughs with Wendy and David and back home again. 

Summers really are grand. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger