Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, April 22, 2013

We committed.

Well it seems that our house hunting has come to an end. Yes. It is true. We found our perfect fit. It happened just how we predicted it would. We both just knew. My requirement of a big kitchen and Marks requirement of a fantastical yard worked. And everything else seemed pretty fab too.

Of course we wanted to make sure and got some veteran house buyers to take a walk through and an Internet search. Both parents seemed to think it worked. But of course, again, we needed to be doubly sure, getting a house inspector to check it out. He thought it was pretty good too, in his inspector opinion.

There is some work to be done. And I may have had a mini panic attack the next day thinking how are we going to furnish this place and make it look acceptable. But I talked myself down....with the help of my partner saying that it will take time and really there is no need to make things perfect overnight, or at all.

The only sad bit about this process is that it is over. I had fun going through the houses and checking out how people decorate, how they utilize space and what not. It was a very fun process and a little shorter than my liking. But if you find the one, you must stick with it!

This year is full of plenty beginnings for us. I must take a minute or too to just reflect and feel grateful for some of the fantastic things that have come our way. Many people in our lives have been so super supportive of us during this housing process. Big special shout out to both sets of parents. They have educated us in so many ways regarding this new process. We love you and couldn't have done it without you!

And I have a personal moment of gratitude to my partner in crime as he has really taken helm of this very big process for us. Making the calls, appointments, attending the meeting, as I am orientating to my new job. He has been superb. Although I did enjoy his little joke that I was getting even with him for his 'involvement' in our wedding. Jk. He really has stepped up and done a great job. Xoxox

With all these new changes, beginnings, and opportunities I am reminded of a movie from when I was young, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down and look around, you might miss it" (ferris bueller, 1986).

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger