Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, April 14, 2013

My first month

This last month my mind has been in a bit of turmoil. Change is never the greatest thing I go through and starting a new job is always a nerve wracking thing. So I find myself going through the process in my mind of how I am doing in this first month of working. Lots of newness and challenges. One very happy perk is that I really like people and I think I am good at talking with them. Maybe, even, be pretty good at resolving conflicts?

I knew this already but it clicked at how important it truly is. You hear it all the time in school. All the touchy feely stuff that people mock. You spend semesters learning, theorizing and debating how it works yet not really knowing how to do it. The funny thing is the patient really is never going to care how well you did that dressing, or how perfectly you did that iv start. But they do care how you treat them, talk to them and how you give care.

There are many of my friends and family that have been patients and told me their feelings of being that person cared for, their fears, angers and frustrations. They wanted respect. They wanted to talk. They wanted to be heard. They wanted answers. The answers can sometimes be hard to find, but I am trying and will continue to try and work hard at finding them.

I am trying my best to weave through the system and provide care in a 'caring' manner. I think that accounts for something.

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger