Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The adventures of house hunting

Last year it was all about the wedding. I have stated it many times that their were certain aspects of that that I did not really enjoy. Although looking back it was 150% worth it. This years adventure is finding a house. I was nervous about it. I really can't pinpoint why but maybe I thought it would be tedious working towards finding the best value for the options that are place in front of us.

Shockingly the little dip we have taken has been surprisingly fun. Mark had been looking at houses for awhile on websites. I looked at his and then took a gander finding my own. Some how with our looking we managed to merge our ideas into the tentative requirements.

Mark then made a few appointments with a real estate agent and we checked out some houses today with Marks parents. Although everything is so very preliminary, I have to say that this has so far been the best part.

I don't know if it is that we had fun with the company we were with, listening to their advice and input...plus watching them walk through the house on their own was quite fun and had us both smiling. Or it could be that we seem to be both on the same page, ensuring that each of our requirements are validated and considered important. Another possibility is that we have no time requirement unlike the wedding and I feel more at ease. Added that I am not in school and dealing with added stressors. And finally it could be the newness and excitement of e process of finding our own house.

I think it is all the above.

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger