Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Thursday, April 08, 2010

sweetest teacher ever

so, i just finished my lab component for one of my courses. i had one of the sweetest instructors ever. she was so helpful this whole semester with all of our lab skills, offering input, advice, and real life experiences. she is a great nursing instructor and would be a great nurse too. i have had the opportunity to have a mentor ever semester so far, and she definitely made the list this year. i don't think i would ever pursue my masters in nursing, but if i ever decide to be a NP, and have the opportunity to teach students, like her, she is the model i would use. our last day (today) she baked us all cookies, gave us one of her favourite poems, and some words of encouragement for the years ahead, especially when facing obstacles like cutbacks. it was such a great experience this year, so thanks!

here is the poem (this was not written by my instructor):

I Am Your Nurse

i am your nurse.
i ease your pain.
i bathe your skin.
i make your bed.
i rub your back.
i meet your needs.
you heal me.

i am your nurse.
i feed you meals.
i give you rest.
i tend your wounds.
i sense your suffering.
i answer your questions.
you teach me.

i am your nurse.
i know your pain.
i share your loneliness.
i feel your despair.
i taste your joy.
i sense your spirit.
you touch my soul.

and sometimes,
for just a moment,
i am you,
and you are me,
and we are one.

together,
we go beyond limits
of ordinary experience,
to live the extraordinary.

written by: Beth Perry, RN, PhD
Moments in Time
Images of Exemplary Nursing Care

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger