Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

wake up in the morning

i have consistently been going to the gym five days a week for the last 3.5 months. in the beginning i was eager, ready to sweat away all the excess sugar i was consuming over my birthday and christmas. mid january i started to falter but pushed through. my idea is once i start making excuses not to go to the gym, i will stop going. experience has taught this to be true. well today: wednesday, march 3 ,2010 looked to be that day of failure. my alarm went off twice: 5:50, 5:55. i laid in the bed fairly still. evil thoughts entered my head, "i'm tired"; "i didn't get any sleep last night"; "i can work out at night"; (something that has taught me to be untrue). just as i was starting to believe my lies. WEDNESDAY, popped into my brain.

every wednesday morning at 7:45am a co-worker teaches yoga (for free) at my work. she believes that every workplace should have some form of a health program and since ours doesn't have one, she generously took it upon herself to teach us yoga. having experienced injuries in my life, and being hopelessly flawed when it comes to stretches after workouts, i keenly attend her classes without fail. it leaves me feeling refreshed, walking straighter and longing to enroll in more yoga classes. yet it is no joke, my body is constantly challenged by how far i can stretch almost teetering out of balance (darn you dance poses!).

so i would like to say thank you to that lovely lady! you are the reason i ran on the treadmill today. as all i could think about was how great i would feel in one hours time.

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger