Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

food is the new crazy

i love to eat. i love spicy, sweet, sour, hot, cool, creamy, basically i love food!

recently (maybe more within the last year) i have become slightly more concerned with my health. i have been one of the fortunate ones to never worry about my weight. i am not very skinny but athletic and have never really had weight issues. due to good genes, high metabolism, and my love of working out i thought i was fine and could eat whatever i want. cut to my annual physical last year. for my age group, i have high cholesterol. i was shocked. due to my genes, poor eating habits, and my growing age, food has finally got the better of me.

it isn't only me. it seems like everyone (or maybe they all had and i just started listening) have gone healthy. i hear about food factories, eat organic, don't buy cans, avoid salt, sugar, and butter or is it margarine: regardless avoid both!  food....like real food has become the new craze! within this age of technology, where faster is better, immediacy is desired, and "i can't stay and eat, i have to go" is the philosophy, i wonder is our culture able to (or can) adapt? i hope so!

i (and whether mark has noticed, he has) made some friendly food choices. just to name a few:
1. always eat breakfast, and have flax seed in the am
2. when it comes to using canned veggies vs fresh...always choose fresh
3. substitute butter for apple sauce (believe me it really works)
4. whole grains are my friends: embrace them!

i am hoping that with these small lifestyle changes i will be able to continue and move forward with further products that will enhance my health. let's face it i will always love the spicy, sweet, sour, hot, cool, creamy. i won't give those up! however, with moderation i will be happy with all my foods and most importantly HEALTHY!

love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger