Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas at work

My first Christmas working. It was something that I knew was in my future as people don't stop getting ill but I didn't know what to expect. But I can tell you this. It was quite lovely. 

Sure I was working on my favourite time of year. But there were many things that helped make this Christmas truly memorable and truly special. 

1. My parents came in on day three of my rotation. An added bonus to break up the long stretches. So happy to see them as I was on countdown!
2. I worked evenings so I got my Christmas morning with my parents and husband. Spending three hours watching everyone unwrap and play with their toys. Santa was a good man!
3. We got to go to my amazing inlaws who made a Christmas brunch. Plus see an additional little "Santa" in Baby B. Hanging out with both families for me made it truly fantastic. 
4. I worked in a great team. The whole six days. Everyone wanting and willing to help each other out. Making a potluck dinner. Sharing laughs. Going over concerns. Fantastic. Plus I ended my stretch on Boxing Day rather than begin it  he he. 
5. Finally my patients. A feisty elderly woman who made my shift alone, with her plucky attitude and fantastic spunk. Giving me a fantastically hard time and me loving every minute of it. Another, true love in the older generation as one took care of another, celebrating a private Christmas in their room with such love and tenderness. Then seeing a patient I had before who was very very sick and now seems so much better (still sick) but so much better. Finally a story teller who would love to talk about her past. Each one special, unique and who I had the pleasure of spending Christmas with.

All of this made me all the more grateful and feeling the love this Christmas. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger