Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, January 13, 2012

My brother

I have said it before and I will say it again, I love my brother.

Who knew my parents would have been right. As we fought when we were young. As he tormented me when my friends we're over. As I would beat him up and as he got bigger would take me on. As he mocked my teenage drama-ness. And later I mocked his.

Who knew we would become such good friends. We go to movies, play board games, go to yoga, have dinner and talk regularly together. We laugh and laugh some more, chide our parents, and have so much fun together.

Who knew such opposites would get along. Jimi the out going to my shy. The quiet to my loudness. The person who takes his time to express what he means to my outright blurts. The liberal who "really could care less what anyone thinks" to my "I wish I could have that same attitude but don't."

I guess the only people who knew were my parents as they are the same with their siblings. They always said that we would be good friends some day and when our family departs, it will just be us together. I just have to say I am glad they were right.

Love you Jimi

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy chiding your parents have bonded you even more. As parents our work is never done! I love your blog and what you said. Makes a parent proud! xxoo mama

 
Powered by Blogger