Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Let's here it for the girls

Really lets here it for them! I have had a wonderful week from last Saturday to this talking with my girlfriends, my mothers (mom and mother in law), my great aunt and even my boss and with that being said I just have to say...I'm one of the luckiest few to have so many amazing women in my life. 

This last week has had many highs for myself. It is the first time I have gone out for dinner on my own since babe arrived. Thanks to my partner in life I had a blissful three hours in a restaurant with a fantastic friend. And a friend that is not on any social media so it was especially important that I saw her!! We caught up since I hadn't seen her since Christmas. Talked of work, dogs, movies and life. Mark said I talked about it for two days straight so he knew I had a great time. 

Not only that but I got to see another beautiful friend as she picked her wedding dress. One word for her: stunning. So glad I got to partake in that moment with her. 

And to be with two extraordinary women and talk and watch them do things that don't revolve around sleep patterns and diaper changes left me feeling a little more balanced. 

Then the week continued. I went to stroller aerobics and with our babies in the background we squatted, crunched and pushed muscles that may have never been used before. And I laughed and joked with moms how I wished my girl would burst out crying and need consoling so I can stop working out. Women around you in the same walk of life is so important. I can't stress enough. We laugh and stress about the same things. We are full of advice that seems to be shattered in an instant as our little ones constantly change and show that they are little humans with vivacious personalities. Then we laugh again. 

I love hanging out with new moms, new parents. I'm so grateful to my aerobics class, my moms group, library programs, coworkers with little ones and future classes that I will join. This is a new stage in my life and to walk with others in this journey gives me a feeling of community that I'm forever grateful. 

Then I have my tried in true girlfriend moms. The ones that have done this before. The ones that are in the midst of their own children drama but allow me to express my sorrow of lack of sleep or question if I'm doing it right. The ones that may have hid some of the little frustrations that occur when you have a little one and before I had one. But that's only cause this too shall pass and they will be there to support me until it does indeed pass. 

I love those girls with every fibre of my being. I should, they were my best ladies at my wedding. And I was lucky enough to spend time with one and talk to the other this very week. 

Then to see my great aunt on FaceTime there to listen and tell me of the going ons. Have my boss recommend some parent books that worked for her. Truly blessed.  

But the most important women are those that have lived to see their children have children. The mothers. The two ladies I talk to when I have had both extreme highs (she slept so well the other night and napped in her crib...I'm still ecstatic), to the lows (she cried the night away on the night before my interview). They dole out sympathies, empathesize, offer to granny sit. They laugh when I scoff. They understand. And they survived (and their husbands did too and are alive to tell of their adventures). 

I don't even want to comprehend what I would do without these two wonderful ladies. They tell me to savour the moments. They enjoy and love her just as much as I, but they truly understand the twisted emotions I sometimes feel from fatigue, monotony, and just plain old tiredness. And they love me all the same too. 

And finally I have to shout out to my little girl. You are incredible. When you are not around I truly miss you and wonder what you are up to but always know you are in safe hands. Your smile beams up a room, your tears make my heart ache. I love watching you discover and move about. You really are a firecracker and I don't think anything will hold you back. Nor should it! I love you. You are one of the most rewarding things in my life. My heart feels full when I think of you. 

And even if he is not a girl I should shout out to my partner. There are times where we drive each other crazy. We fight. We get frustrated. We get angry. 

Then we don't. We laugh, we joke, we hug. We go on family walks, go to the library, watch movies together and just run around and do errands. We eat together and talk of our days. You sweep in and spend time with the little lady so I can go out, have a bath or prep for an interview. You tell me you love me and I the same to you. 

This is a crazy new adventure that we have embarked. It's fun thinking of the future but trying not to get to caught up in it so that we can focus and truly enjoy the present. 

Today I feel grateful to you all. Thank you and to all my other lovely friends that I haven't seen in awhile but will be making plans soon (one in particular is you little miss night nurse). 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger