Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, January 01, 2016

Almost three months chickadee and we had a Christmas!

Well my darling daughter you have almost reached the three month milestone. And my oh my you have grown. And I'm not talking weight. I'm talking height. When did this happen? Eek! I noticed quite a bit today when I put you in a sleeper that seemed to fit a little looser a couple of weeks ago and now is snug as bug. Yup you are growing!

It has been quite a few weeks. Lots of family fun and lots of visiting. Grammie and Grampie came from New Brunswick. Kind of a big deal as it is the first time you have seen Grampie in person. 

And I have to say that Grampie was quite taken with you. You both shared quite a few smiles back and forth as he tickled you and blew little puffs of air into your face. Sounds weird but you both enjoyed it. He also enjoyed 'helping you' work out pulling you up by the arms. Grammie didn't really like that exercise. ;) She worried about your little shoulders and if they could handle it. But you seem to be okay. 


Grammie of course jetted towards you as soon as we got to the airport and offered her arms full of cuddles first thing in the am (when you seem to be most cuddly). And you (plus Grampie) had alone time for 4 hours one evening. Because.....

Mom and Dad went out to Star Wars. And guess what?! I love you, but I was pretty pumped to leave. Had my coat on and waited by the door for you're father before it was probably time to go. Good movie and good time!  


Grammie said that you were pretty good too. Although you hate it, you did take a bottle once. And only cried the last 15 minutes. I hope that is the truth but only you two know! 

We did your first Santa visit. You seemed quite tired and didn't get the hype about the big guy in red. And the photo showed. Santa didn't miss a beat and did a pretty good imitation of you back. As it can be seen in a previous blog post. It was a cute moment. 

You seem to still fuss. Sometimes a little later than I enjoy. That's when I tell you I love you the most. 'Wink wink'. But you have tapered down a considerable amount. Maybe we are just getting better at reading you too?! Ha ha. I'm sure it will swing in high gear when teething starts. One thing that you have enjoyed immensely is Christmas tree lights. Our tree in particular! We have joked that we should keep it up till March. Something I'm sure your dad is all for. I however am not. Lol. Christmas is over. It's hard enough keeping it past January 1st. 

In terms of lights it's too bad you get so soothed from the stroller as you surely would enjoy the leg lights (you've been there twice), candy cane lane, or Victoria park skating. But some fun will come when you are older. You did see the Magna Carta. But that seemed quite underwhelming in you're eyes as you cried and promptly went to sleep. 

Now in other holiday happenings you of course saw you're auntie and uncles and cousins again...back from Guelph! Lots of good cuddles from them. Plus you had you're Granny, Granddad, Grammie and Grampie all in the same room. May not be a big deal for you but it was for me as sometimes visits from New Brunswick are farther than I like. It was lovely as we spent time with all of them on your Granny and Granddad's 42nd anniversary, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Lovely and fun family time. 



Now of course it was not always about you. But sometimes it's hard to do things as you like to be included in everything. It took me probably 6-8 hours to wrap all the presents between feedings. 

And Grammie certainly had to help with baking by either doing it or holding you so I could. But it got done...we both sure were tired but it got done. Mocha cakes, mincemeat tarts, Christmas cookies (okay the decorator extraordinaire, Jimi helped with those) candy cookies, and all the stuff Grammie made in a prior visit...gumdrop cake and butter tarts. 

Lots of Christmas movies watched, muppets, polar express, miracle on 42nd street, it's a wonderful life, and white Christmas. Love love love those. A few interruptions but I pretty much have all those movies memorized in my head. 

And unfortunately even a few people got hit with a bit of a bug on Christmas Day or after....your dad, Grammie and Uncle Jimi.   

Without the later, all in all it was a great holiday season once again. Gone to soon. But fun all the same. And it was your first...making it all the more special for all of us. 


Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger