Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, March 14, 2016

No place like home...

Well I guess it's not my real home but it is where my parents live so it is my second home ;). 

We did it. We made it to NB and back in one peice. And I have to say. My first trip alone with an infant was a success. Sure there were minor meltdowns (one at the last stretch from Montreal to Fredericton that may have brought me closer to tears than her but my mom swooped in to take the babe once landed...and not give me a hug...running joke). But overall she was a very good traveller. From what I'm told this is the easy part as they get a bit more fidgety before they get better! So I will relish :)


We both a fab time visiting all the Robertson/Sansom realitives. The little one in particular was in true form. Especially with my 90 year old grandmother, smiling and laughing whenever Nan talked. I think Nan got caught under her spell. 


She saw many...just an FYI for her in later years...my Great Aunt Barb and Uncle Ron, Great Aunt Mary. My cousin Heidi, her little man and my Aunt Beth. My Uncle Ian and Aunt Karen and cousins, Uncle Keith, Aunt Cheryl, Marg, her partner, and Kat, Josh and their little one who is a few months older. Yes there were even a few baby babbles between them (and another little man as we saw Amy, Kim and Beth too).  Not to mention plenty of mom and dad's friends. It was a trip full of visits. 


But let's move on as it wasn't just about her! ;). There was quite a bit of snow in Stanley. Not as much as they normally get but more than what I'm used to and more than what I've seen this year in my neck of the woods. So I got to snowshoe with dad in the woods a couple times. 

Saw the twins (oaks that is) again. And his much loved maple trees. It had rained one of the days and froze. Treacherous roads I'm sure but the ice froze on the trees and sparkled in the sun. It was quite pretty. 


And if that isn't enough nature we would see the deer route around their house gathering food and trekking off. One day I think we saw five!! 

Plus the incredible ice jams that occur when you drive on the roads and look onto the river. 


We marketed. Visited the candle in the window. We watched movies every night and watched the little one hype herself up before bed. 

I warmed myself by their wood burning stove and attempted to put a log in and as mom puts it 'almost burned down the house'. That thing is a little intimidating!!


We had clam chowder. Date squares. Every morning I had doughnuts with raspberry jam. And chips and cherry frozen yogurt every evening (Yes I need to lose a few pounds now. Hee hee). 

I would soak in the claw foot tub. Catch up on television or a book. Colour in an adult colouring book. Sigh. It was every so relaxing. 

It was an absolute joy and a much needed break that I didn't know I needed. My parents seemed to have a ball watching their granddaughter. Even caught a few firsts while there. And I don't think that girl ever suffered from any lack of attention as there was a constant open arm always nearby. Something this week I am surely missing as my back has a few extra aches when I'm home alone during the day. 




It was a great visit and I'm looking forward to seeing them again in the summer and it's no doubt the little one is too! :)

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger