Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, October 02, 2015

Summer end and fall beginnings

Summer has ended. Actually ended three weeks ago. Although we never made it to a fancy place or a crazy hike we managed to keep busy. I worked quite a bit and between that we went kayaking (more than once!), gardened, lots of dog walks and a little escape to B.C. 

With summer winding down we managed to go to a few events. One was a Disney's Fantasia at Churchill square. So much fun. Listened to the Edmonton symphony live with the cartoon bits in the background. I enjoyed it immensely. 




Also went to our last wedding of the year (that we at least know about). An old co-worker of mine got married. Wonderful service at St. Joseph's Basilica. What a beautiful church. And the reception I got to catch up with another co-worker of mine with her little guy. 
Shopping became huge for me in September. I went with Jeaninne and we completed the 'needs to get' for when the little one decides to arrive. Some things were so complicated like strollers and car seats. It was nice to have a seasoned pro with me to show me the ropes. I don't think Mark and I could have wagered that alone. Especially since there were not a lot of customer service people around to help. 
 
Not all was fun and games. I had an internal and sometimes external war with managing my insulin. The management was relatively okay but other times just plain ol' frustrating. Mainly cause no matter how much you followed the food plan and the exercise you would still not come ahead. There were many times I would come home from my appointments pretty upset, just annoyed about how I was talked to. Overall though I have to say, the physician I dealt with was amazing. And speaking with co-workers that dealt with the same issue made it easier for myself to cope with it. Plus a great resource for me as they gave great advice and knowledge. I have learned a lot. Makes me want to set my competency goal next year to this as I feel it could be a great thing to keep increasing my knowledge on. 
 
With that, Mark and I prepared for baby. The nursery got completed with Mark taking on the installation of shelves, curtain ties, moving furniture up and down and aiding me in the cribbage assembly. I took on the painting, decorating, cleaning and organizing. AND curtain rods installation that ended in hilarity. Really happy with how it turned out. 
 
 

That and prenatal class came and ended. Mark stayed captivated for three out of the five classes. But he learned the power of massage so as long as he got that for delivery I am happy. 
 
Now it's rest and relaxation which is really not in my vocabulary but I'm finding my body yelps a bit more if I don't listen. Grrr. I've managed to enjoy the fall walks with some company. And then other times just me and my dog. Took in probably one of the last best views of fall in the river valley today as I got home and all the leaves on our trees are gone. The seasons are changing.....just like our lives are about too....
 


Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger