Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Dear wee one: Part 6

This will probably be my last blog post re. in utero you. Mainly cause I'm 38 weeks pregnant and you could come any minute now. I'm slightly hoping less minutes and more a week or day after. Lol. 

Maybe I've taken on the nesting a little strong as I've been going a little crazy. Cleaned the garage, installed car seats (your dad strength finished that one off), put together the stroller, doing some last minute shopping trips, and seeing friends. Also carefully storing leftovers in the freezer for later cause I hear you will be keeping me busy and tired. 

There are a few more things I would like to do in the next couple days. We will see if you give me that chance. It won't be the end of the world. But as you will soon get to know I get a little list crazy and always like to finish what is on that list. 

This last bit I've been eating pretty healthy. But three weeks ago I suddenly became hungry. Crazy hungry. So some indulgences have occurred. A few chips here, a small cupcake there. I've figured out how to control it with the power of medicine so all is good. And hey you seem to enjoy those little indulgences as I get a few more kicks from you. 

Been doing a few more ultrasounds and your heart rate ranges now are 131-145. According to all those ol' wives tales that could mean anything for your gender. And me and your dad are excited to find out what you will be. One day we think boy and then the next it's a girl. Regardless we are excited either way. Both of us know we will love and enjoy you and we are not leaning towards anything. 

It has excited many people re. figuring out what you could be. So far through patients, clients, friends, co-workers and family it's split. I had an 87 year old woman positive that you are a girl. And mom had a dream you were too. But then other clients that are within their 80-90s think its a boy. Generally we are told "good for you" for not finding out what you are. It's kind of hilarious. I think people like the surprise as much as us, even if they may never find out. 

One little nuisance that I have not enjoyed is the absence of my belly button. It feels so weird when clothes touch it or the ultrasound runs by it. Ick. I never liked touching my belly button and I like it least now. Lol. 

Your room is ready. Plus a bassinet is by our bed. So we will be seeing you soon. And we love you already. 
Xoxox

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger