Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines day love

This is my husband talking about our dog to our dog's girlfriend's owner. Yes we are those weird people. I found the post quite amusing. 


So I have a Bentley Valentine's story that you will appreciate but you can't tell Anana. I was walking him this sunny morning in the fresh powdery snowfield behind our house. He was loving it and was covered in snow from digging, jumping and exploring when he caught a whiff scent by cupid himself. Off he went at a full gallop despite my plutonic but frantic calls. About 300m away the object of his nose appeared out of the creek bed. She was a petite thing as slinky as they come. I had seen her hanging around out back before but I had been more worried about Pirate and Kitty at the time. Now usually it is a good thing when the lady a love stricken teenager has his eye on is fast but unfortunately for Bentley she was not running for him but away from him. He caught up to her when she couldn't cross the Henday in a patch of tall scrub that I couldn't see into. I don't know what happened in there but it was quick. She came running out after 30 seconds to a minute and he was about 10 seconds behind, running like a mad man (or dog, whatever). I was grateful for not having had to cover Pirate's innocent eye but I am still kinda curious about what happened under the cover of that bush. Bentley bears no signs of amour-ous/less biting. He followed cupid's love trail another zigzagging kilometer before electing to double back on one of her intersecting trails where I pounced on him to rescue him from the spell he was under.

Again, don't tell Anana. I hope she has had better luck with any scent trails that took her fancy or that she was better able to avoid the 'commercial' hype that Bentley must have so clearly fallen for. I mean chasing after a slinky coyote when Anana has been away for less then 6 months just isn't like him.

If you do end up letting it slip to Anana then you should also tell her that he still runs wildly up to dogs that look like Anana when we get to the dog park.


Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger