Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, December 10, 2012

The end is near.

Three more shifts and I will no longer have the word student in my signature. Not yet a registered nurse either as more studying needs to occur for that. What will it be? Graduate nurse. Wow. It seems so surreal. The first three years seemed to fly. But the last one was long and tiring. Anytime you make me do as many papers as I did it will always seem long. He he. Needless to say I am pretty pumped.

This last course, my preceptorship, I have been pretty silent on. Maybe it's because I really don't want to jinx it. But I can honestly say I love it. It is in my future to do this. I have had so many unbelievable opportunities that other clinicals were never able to provide. I had the privilege to be part of people's lives and be in there homes. I have also had the opportunity to contemplate and think about various topics that I had to learn in theory. Boundaries, empowerment, providing teaching and understanding, death and dying, not to mention more skills and opportunities to do in clinical. I have laughed and listened to fantastic stories that people lead in their lives. These are skills that I will take to my next place but as a paid employee. Eek.

It has been quite a magnificent journey. And this is just the beginning. I have met friends and patients, colleagues, mentors, and teachers that have altered my perceptions, and thoughts for what I can only hope is better. Can I ask for any more?

Here is to the next stage as a GN.

Love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go daughter dear!

Da'

 
Powered by Blogger