Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Food

I have said it before but if you know a way to my heart, you must love food. Seriously. I thank my parents for this fantastic habit/indulgence/way of life.

My parents, like me, love food. Especially good food. They introduced me to Indian food, seafood, spicy food, and just plain ol fashioned home cooking. Everyday, no matter what we sat down and ate this wonderful food as a family. We socialized. And when my brother and I became teenagers we grumbled. He he.

Then I met Mark. Another foodie who knows what he likes and it coincides with my loves. One of our first dates was Mark cooking me an Indian meal. Definitely knew he was a keeper. He he.

Why all this food talk? Because our weekend was surrounded by amazing company and FOOD. Social gatherings with an Indian/African buffet and the next day lobster. Ahhhhhh life is good. To be surrounded by people you love, eating and drinking. Telling jokes, reminiscing about the past, talking of our day and revealing our thoughts of the future. All in the presence of food.

These are things that make me happy. And with that big shout out to Jeaninne and Anita! Happy birthday! And thanks for thinking of the idea for going out for food.

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger