Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lets appreciate our bodies shall we?

With the Christmas season approaching so comes the Christmas goodies. And not just any Christmas goodies my favourite Christmas goodies. The Christmas cookies, mocha cakes, confetti bars, gumdrop cake and cherry flips. Ahh my mouth is drooling already.

For someone like me that TRIES to eat healthy, believe it or not I do, this is a very hard season for my body to take. Especially more so as I don't quite get out to work out like I do in the summer. The night time, cold, snow and ice make it hard for me to run outside. The assignments keep my mind on other things and right now the commute I am doing at school is ever draining as I am asleep by 930pm and up at 6. Yea I am a party animal. I start to feel blah and feel that my body is blah in return.

So what should I do about this? Get an attitude adjustment. Ha ha. Sometimes I think I am extremely hard on myself. And I don't think I am alone. Many of my friends are always complaining about one part of their body. It's funny cause as they say it and I look I never understand their complaint as I think they are just beautiful the way they are.

Why oh why must women always want to achieve the concept of thinness? What is it that is so appealing? Is it the women role models out there? Is it the magazine covers I hear so much about or just the overall media of body image?

If that is the case I say to others and to myself lets look at other images. For me I am going to appreciate the Amazonian body type. I always joke to Mark that is what I am as I have strong legs meant for hiking, working and speed skating (a sport never tried but I feel I was meant to do, he he). Many female media players can fit this image. Its the strong women like Clara Hughes, Jessica Biel, Gabreille Reece, America Ferrera. And why can't they be wicked beautiful. I think they can. Anyone can. Really any body type, can.

So lets stop criticizing our bodies, k? Lets make it a resolution not just for the year but the years. Be healthy and be happy and just love what you see!

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger