Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Value

While we travelled we visited someone whom I enjoyed thoroughly. With that visit we talked. And with that talk she said something that I feel holds fantastic importance. Basically she said that tradition is important yet so is change. It is important to surround yourself with people from all walks of life. Everyone has something to offer in those ages and you can learn from all of them.

This was something that I loved. If I were to think of one person who followed this philosophy whether intentional or not it was my Grammie. She had people of all ages and all walks of life around her. From her university friends that were at her 80th birthday to the 16 year old girls that would show up for a visit and a laugh (my grandmother was pretty hilarious) to her youngest people her great grandsons. She kept current using the Internet cursing the mouse as it kept running away from her, discussing what young girls do now compared to when she was young, and told magnificent stories. I loved her stories.

With that in mind I decided that I need to start valuing the people who are important to me. With the ever changing world it seems that the written letter has somewhat become extinct. I used to write to my family all the time. I then grew, became a teenager, became "busy" and started to focus more on the faster and more efficient email system.

The problem. There are some very important people in this world that do not use the computer. People that I value and are important. So I have started up again on the written letter. I want to be in contact with those important people of different generations. I want them to know that they are appreciated and I value them. What better way to do that is a written letter?

Just a little thought and action on this weekend.

Love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Elizabeth thinks you are a peach for writing to her. But seriously ,one of the great things I love about you is how thoughtful you are. Writing snail mail has made two people very happy. You are so wonderful .
Mama

 
Powered by Blogger