Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Christmas baby, sure hope Santa treated you right

I hate to say it as I know my mom dreads it but our visit here is almost complete. It's been a very busy, crazy, fantastic-ly awesome week and a bit with tons of family, tons of food (seriously this is what you work out all year for!), and tons of fun. Some highlights include:

Day one: finally coming into the airport after a four hour delay and seeing the house for the first time. So much work. It looks so great over here. From the renos upstairs to the bathroom and kitchen, a lot of hardworking was done by my parents and it definitely paid off! The place looks amazing.

Day two: utter vegging around and eating all the Christmas goodies. Not to mention decorating cookies as per tradition and watching movies (polar express, white christmas, and muppets family christmas).

Day three: shopping, visiting my nan (before the unfortunate fall), and just general hanging out. Inside jokes starting emerging with cox the electronic store and items found in value village.

Day four: walking with my dad through the woods. Kind of cracks me up that dad talks about the same things mark does. That includes the different types of trees to how to grow and space them. He he

Day five: picking up mark from the airport(he made it!) and visiting nan in the hospital. Plus going to the Christmas eve ceremony at the old Anglican cathedral in Fredericton. Met up with my aunts, uncle and cousins on dad's side. Plus going home and getting our Christmas eve pajamas. What the boys got were my favs.

Day six: Christmas. Presents, love, laughter, family, dinner, games. It was tons of fun. I think we had twenty two people in this house. Certainly the biggest Christmas I have been a part of with my family. I saw cousins that I haven't seen in atleast seven years. Great day. Plus being in the kitchen with my crazy mom and aunt, and cousin gave me constant giggles at their hilarity.

Day seven: the parties continue on as great aunts, second cousins decided to come for a little fun.

Day eight: their boxing day started as I gathered my ingredients to make sushi, mom got a case for her iPad and Mark and dad came along for the ride. We fit in a visit to see my nan who is as spunky as ever. He he. I think she is going to recover quite nicely with her fighting spirit.

Day nine: right now. A great vegging day until my dad's family comes by for dinner. Dad is downstairs making beef Wellington. Plus their is an additional surprise for an upcoming birthday coming up. He he.

One more day of I am sure many more memories that may seem insignificant to many but are so significant to one.
Happy holidays!
Love,

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger