Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, December 19, 2011

clinical: a semester in review

So I thought before I start my Christmas celebrations I would do a little review of all the happenings this semester. Actually I got part of the idea from my last seminar instructor. She said to write a list of all that was accomplished this year and how good we should feel about it. He he. Obviously there are some things that I did not feel great about but I shall not dwell.

Community: I loved! This is something that I really hope to do in the future although I do realize the importance of experience. So many parts of it were fantastic from guest stints at schools or conferences to working home care or wound clinic. I found so many areas that I enjoyed.

Maternity: this challenged me on so many levels (not to mention my fear of labour). Well lets just say I won't have those images erased from my mind anytime soon, but I did enjoy the little ones post labour. Plus the teaching part was lots of fun! Who knew?

Surgery and other things: okay...now that it has been done for four days I can honestly say...it was HARD! He he But with all seriousness I learned so much and did so many skills. Even on the last day! It challenged me both physically and mentally but in the end I completed it and came out learning so much more. I know what it takes to b e a good nurse by watching those around me and definitely have something to aspire to. Really can you ask for more?

So that is it. Next up is fourth year. One more year to go... I am sure much more is to be learned....

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger