Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

hair drama

mark and i got engagement photos done yesterday.
trying to plan ahead for any kind of mishap as the drive to our "site" was far:
  • our clothes were washed and laid out from the night before. 
  • both of us got home at reasonable times. 
  • he showered. 
  • i showered. 
  • he got changed. 
  • so did i.  
  • i plugged in my straightener to do my hair...
  • yes, the power button was on...
  • but the plates were cold...
  • totally broken.
sigh. i know in the grand scheme of LIFE this really doesn't matter and it did put me in a fit of giggles 15 minutes after BUT if you did see my hair at that time, it did need some work done, considering lately when i wash it i put it immediately in a bun. those girls with long hair will understand what it looks like after the elastic is out. AND if you put a bit of money into pictures being taken...hopefully i have a bit of support ;)

thankfully in my life i have wonderfully supportive and fantastic-ly great friends and an equally supportive and fantastic boyfriend. call jeaninne, she plugged in her straightener (my old one) and told me that i could come right over. mark cut his dinner conversation short and with his ice cream cake in tow we drove to sherwood park earlier than expected. he may have even driven me to the mall to buy a new straightener (as my old one, isn't mine for a reason). at jeaninne's house, she was there by my side to help do my hair in 10 minutes flat (the back had never looked better, he he he). off to elk island we went.

the photos were done and we actually had a lot of fun, joking around, enjoying the scenery and having many laughs. AND my hair was straight so i was happy, seriously i can be such a dork! he he he

love

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness... I would have had a panic attack too!! I DEFINITELY understand the look of unstraightened hair when curly wasn't planned either... Derek calls it the 'lion's mane'!! Haha. So glad you had some heroes to rescue you! Can't wait to see those pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for the hair straightener but triple thank goodness for Mark's patience!!!
xxoo mama

 
Powered by Blogger