Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, August 21, 2011

the half marathon continues

as i look back at this post i laugh a little because i was right. i did do it again. but this time around i felt fantastic. i used the same training program as last year but instead of running four times a week (something i felt i was overdoing and causing unnecessary soreness and potential injuries) i ran three times a week with hills on one day and progressive distances the second and third days. in between i rode my bike to work and did some weight training (plus a monstrous hike) so the strength and cardio were there...

....and guess what!

i felt great. wonderful morning of sun, slight breeze and zero cold. did my warm-up and off i went. this time around i ran solo as jeff was in training for a marathon. so my strategy was to stick to the back in the beginning and do the passing. it seemed to work! PLUS it was flatter than the hillier one i had done previously.

best of all was my friendly supporting team. RIGHT when i was about to walk (seriously) within the last kilometer jeff spotted me. shouting my name he ran right with me leaving me no excuse to stop until he left during the last portion  (and really who walks that part). jeaninne and dj caught the finish this time and cheered me on and mark rode his bike effortlessly to find me (unfortunately to no avail) but he was there for me in the end and that is really all i can ask for! :) thanks guys, you make a girl feel so special, so glad you could spend your sunday morning with me! :)

overall i got my goal time sort of. i had wanted to get under two hours. well my total time was two hours and one minute. ooooo one minute i will love you for ever as i enjoyed my water breaks and small walks in that time! i am actually really excited to do it again....we will see if i can make it happen! ;)

here is a little photo slideshow of the ending with my lovely friends. note jeaninne posing as a pregnant marathon runner! yes she is that amazing! :) lol

have a good night,
love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful friends you have! I am so very proud of you! xxoo mama

 
Powered by Blogger