Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, November 15, 2010

family time with a dash of skype

yesterday was the day jimi and i did our christmas wrapping. i know christmas is more than a month away but dealing with a robertson for a father, we must get the parcel mailed before december 1st as the prices start to jump. and being a robertson daughter, i agreed! so we wrapped our presents and watched a (semi) christmas movie: the family stone.

mark decided to take it upon himself to cook dinner. he actually happened to make one of my most favourite meals that my dad used to make for me...lemon chicken.


and as you can tell by the way it looks, it was delicious!! as good as dad's. thanks again mark for making dinner...much appreciated!

after dinner mark decided to make a skype call. 1. because i promised to call my mom on skype on her birthday. 2. he is trying to change my feelings on skype...

what are my feelings on skype?
i do understand the appeal of seeing who you are talking too. however, using the telephone for me is just as easy. AND it gets rid of that whole "fishbowl" thing. as with my skype experiences so far, we finish talking and we just sit in silence watching one another, like being at an aquarium. PLUS, a telephone doesn't cut out...i am just saying.

however i digress.



we did the skype thing. we saw my mom unwrap her birthday presents (even if it is early...but we all happened to be there). we got to sing happy birthday and even placed candles in a bun. and i did get some laughs as she pretended to blow out the candles (really this skype thing has some amusing points). so i will try not to be a grandma about this whole thing and try to change my ways.

but i will still be using the phone! :)

love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe Tracey, Those of us who know and love you have been trying to not argue with you about skype so that you wouldn't get your back up about it. I see you have taken to argueing your points with the wider world in general now :) .
So much for our wise ways!
Score
Tracey 1 Skype 0

Love Mark

Anonymous said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII love seeing my loved ones and I love skype and you for putting up with it!! Mark has some very good points. Ty for the phone call and great gifts and my cake was great Mark!

Love your skype friend!!!!

mama

 
Powered by Blogger