Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, May 23, 2010

pink floyd

i thought of my dad today while listening to the radio. i listen to k-rock (its classic rock on the radio). i used to listen to that station with my dad. it was always on in his car as he dropped me off  at work (at 6am), on our various driving lessons, and numerous road trips. of those times my BIGGEST MEMORY is dad and another brick in the wall by pink floyd. the volume would get progressively louder as dad started to "play the drums" on his steering wheel.

i was first introduced to pink floyd when i was around 6 years old. dad would take out his old records led zeppelin, pink floyd, rolling stones, and orson welles. my overall favourite was always pink floyd. much to my mom's dismay dad and i would sing (maybe shout?) "hey, teacher! leave those kids alone!" at the top of our lungs. i loved it and urged him to play it again and again. he made me promise not to recite the lyrics at school, in turn he would give in to my wishes.

that was what i was thinking today when i was listening to the radio.
thanks dad! love you!

click on the link of pink floyd if you want to hear it!

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger