Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

is there a doctor in the house?

ahhh so after my exams but before i left, i went out with anita, mark and two former co-workers (from elves). one of the girls been out of the country for about a year but had previously worked (on and off) at elves about the same time as me. we got to talking and the subject turned to doctors. ugh. this is an extremely touchy subject for me as i have been having issues with mine for years.

well i went on my rant and my co-worker said, "haven't you been talking about this doctor since before i left...or even when i started working at elves?"

huh...well that hit me. relatively hard. it got me thinking. i really need to find myself a new doctor. my current doctor is competent. she is thorough and pleasant but the fit just isn't there. AND when i think about how much thought i put in the "picking" process it seems like i took more time figuring out what car to buy, and what to wear on trips than i ever did in finding my doctor. is that right? this is someone i should be having a personal relationship with and be able to talk to about my problems. yet i don't feel comfortable with either.

so that is that.

there are a few issues i need to get straightened out before hand (nothing serious) but i think by the end of the summer i will have a good fit with someone i am comfortable with.

i even wrote it on the calendar! :)

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger