Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Oh Christmas tree

You have already provided me with so many memories and stories . And Christmas has just begun. 

We came across you in a family lot with our tiny family of three. We circled around until I came across you standing there oh so proud. Mark took a look at you and cut you down with ease.




It was a wonderful afternoon. Quiet air, cool but with sun. We trekked, I carried little c and Mark carried you in the little red sleigh. Hot chocolate waiting for us with candy canes. The afternoon was quite perfect. 




Then controversy arose that evening when we brought you home. You couldn't fit in our home. So we lobbed your top. We sat you up in our living room and I was unsure about you. You were kind of sparse from what I'm used to. 

You see Christmas tree I come from a family that imported our tree directly from where Christmas trees are a business. My grandfathers business to be specific. Every year a tree would be in our mail. Crazy I know. And those trees tend to have a bit more bulk to them. I started klinging to the old memories. I know. Wrong. And it's not your fault. 

So the decorating began. Mark actually participated this year! And you looked okay. But old memories kept creeping back into my head. Then you did something in defiance. You decided to fall.
 

 
Wrong move Christmas tree. I was not happy. You took down our ornaments. You splashed water everywhere. Pine cones fell from your branches to the floor. And you even decided to drop some sap. Naughty naughty!!!
 
1130 at night we hoisted you up. But you left this family of three anything but happy. Mark downstairs constructing wood to stabilize you. Me holding the tree up as the little one screamed at us all from her car seat. It was no ones finest hour. 
 
But the next day came around. I took a look at you as the sun lit up our room. You looked a bit rattled up with ornaments on your back and falling off your branches. It was time to give you another try. I took out our homemade ornaments. Hung them up. Restrung the ribbon. Lit up the lights and put on the topper. 
 
And guess what Christmas tree? You are quite pretty. You have a uniqueness about you. You are different. But I think the family you chose (and vice versa) is too. 

 
You stand proud and tall. You are not dry. You kind of have an incorporation of both me and Mark. I kind of love you. I light you up and stare at you with glee and warmth. Cause you really do represented Christmas.

So thank you Christmas tree. You have given me more memories in this little week than I could imagine. Some of them are not mine or Mark's finest but then others have been more than incredible. And I think we will be looking at your brothers and sisters in the coming years.
 
Love 

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger