Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, June 25, 2011

internet exhaustion has got me thinking....

i am becoming an internet addict. who am i kidding. I AM AN INTERNET ADDICT! he he he.

i have spent way too much time today looking at photographers' pictures, their quotes, emailing them, looking at dj sites, emailing them for quotes and in between checking "in" on facebook (and maybe playing a little bejewelled here and there, thanks mom).

i really should have cut my computer time in half or totally for my new year's resolution. BUT my thought is that at this time in our society can one live without internet? i don't think i could. i utilize the computer so much from finding recipes, to diy, information on how to plan a wedding, download my music, look at how i improve in running, watch old television shows, to doing my research through databases at school. not to mention writing on this blog!

looking at this i KNOW the time i didn't have a computer. it was when i was about thirteen. i didn't have internet till about 18 (unless you count the small times my dad brought his laptop home, so we could surf the net). i survived.

did things take longer to do? i remember when i was young my dad built me a skating rink in our backyard. not to sound knowledge deficient but really, how did he know how to do that? if i wanted to do it, i would just check the internet. did you talk more? do we talk less?

sigh. a little thought that has turned into a ramble. :) i think i need to get off the computer.
love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot going to a movie and seeing all the cell phones going. In my day {sound like Grammie} we just talked to the person beside us. I do love the internet but I love my family and friends more and there is a time and a place for everything.
I forget what I did on the net most of the time but I do remember, and cherish conversations.
xxoo mama

 
Powered by Blogger